Well since I last blogged, we got out of the lease of our condo, and left for Canada. This all happened very quickly... we pretty much just made the decision, packed up and left within a week. It was hard not having a house for almost 3 months, but we loved spending lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa Hall and our other family and friends up in Canada for the summer. Jeff worked back on the dairy farm while the kids and I went between a few places trying to not overstay our welcomes anywhere. I am sure my mom was relieved when we left her home for a bit, not that she would ever admit it. Nixon absolutely loves her and just follows her everywhere while asking her a million questions. I was a hard decision deciding to stay in the Las Vegas area. There is a lot of crime that happens here, and that was a big con to staying. There is also no family close, and that is something I really wanted near by, but it is also fun to make our own lives here and see where life takes us. I am all for the adventure and this looks like it will be a fun one! Plus when I get super home sick, its not too expensive of a flight home!
Well this summer, we had lots of ups and downs. We had a close member of the family lose their mother, my sister bought her own house, and we just recently had a new addition (little baby boy Sanders) to the Hall side! Plus my cousin had her first little girl, and other friends had their kids too which we were super excited to meet!
Here are a few highlights of our summer time!
I got to see my long lost friend Paige!!!
Got to hang out with my sister LOTS! Here is an awkward pic at Costa Vida! haha
Got to go to West Edmonton Mall, we went with some friends, it was a blast!
Grandma Hall got to spend LOTS of time with the kids.
Found out Oakley LOVES these mini doughnuts!
Fathers Day at the Cabin
Oakley learned how to climb stairs like a pro
Sarah and I went out to Moxies for nachos and a while chocolate brownie, then head off to the Michael Buble concert. It was SO much fun!
Auntie Kristin looking like a Mom! Love it! She bought a house, so we went a few times to pick up some things she needed.
Went to BWW with Auntie Kristin. I love that place.. and my kids love to stick out their tongue apparently?
Again with grandma
At Great Grandma Halls house playing in a bowl!
Raymond 1st of July Parade! We got soooo much Candy!
Headed out to the Waterton Damn with some friends!
At the Cabin!
I hiked Bears Hump in Waterton with Jeff's Aunt Deb and Uncle Sid.
Then we stopped to get some ice cream with the rest of the family.
At Grandma Hall's playing in the sprinkler. Don't mind the background, we were taking down the dogs house.
Zane and Sarah came over to play too!
These are some baby quilt presents I made for friends and family this summer.
Went to Calaway park with Sam her kids, Sarah and Zane. It was lots of fun!
This is at Channing's wedding! I loved the decorations!
We went out to visit Uncle Sid one night, Jeff caught a fish, but we let him go.
Last night in Calgary! - Oakley started to walk last few days in Calgary, just before she hit 11 months!
I went out with some great friends, we had a blast catching up! It had been too long!
Tessa's wedding with great friends!
2 Weeks at the Cabin with the family!!!!
On the drive home, we hit up Texas Roadhouse, because we miss it!
This is MOVING DAY!
Happy to have out own place again!
Brad and Megan were here, so we went and played with them a bit.
Nixon and Oakley love playing together. I thought this was too cute!
We went to set up Daddy's classroom. Oakley loved his Canadian Flag...
...while Nixon loves the peg board.
Ready to hit up the pool!
HAHA Oakley Just chillin, she is such a cutie!
We love our backyard and their sweet Del Sol shirts that change color in the sun!
So there is the update of the past few months for us! Will try to keep back on the weekly updated!
- K
Your backyard looks awesome! Hopefully your memories of us driving you crazy at the cabin have faded. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThey left the day we left we look forward to christmas!!!!
ReplyDelete